Could #7380 be added to 2.5.4 Milestone?

Renato Botelho rbgarga at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 08:53:43 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 12:37 PM, Renato Botelho <rbgarga at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 1:32 PM, Daniel Atallah
> <daniel.atallah at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 7:01 AM, Renato Botelho <rbgarga at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello guys,
>>>
>>> I'm following ticket #7380, and noted milestone was set to 2.5.3, but
>>> it was unset fast.
>>>
>>> Since a lot of people are confirming the bug, and it is a regression,
>>> I would like to know if you have plans to set a new milestone for
>>> this?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance and congrats for the great job.
>>> --
>>> Renato Botelho
>>
>> Don't worry about the milestone; we generally only use it to keep
>> track of what has actually been fixed for a particular release.
>
> Ok.
>
> Anyway, if you need testers for a possible patch, i would be glad
> to help.

I sent a new information to the ticket, problem seems to be on
libpurple and not on gtk interface.

BTW, did anybody reproduce this? It's a stopper for a big number
of users upgrade pidgin to last version, and since it's a regression
couldn't it be considered a serious problem? IMHO, if something that
was working fine on early version is broken, it's a serious problem.

Thanks
--
Renato Botelho