Change the level from some debug messages ...

Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br
Fri Feb 20 14:12:28 EST 2009

Hello there!

I work with a Windows application that uses libpurple as IM framework,
and I would like to check something out with you guys.

We have enabled logging from libpurple on this application for helping
us on crash and bug detection, but to handle as less data as possible we
have set the log level to WARNING (so we can get only WARNING and ERROR
records).
The point is that the last two libpurple issues we handled generated no
information to us with this level setting. We needed to raise to INFO
level to get some clue of what was happening.

Considering the issues:

1- Well known failure with MSN certificates that happened short time ago
(Microsoft made some mess and repaired it before any versions needed to
be provided);
2- Timeout problem reported on ticket
"http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/8450";

No WARNING or ERROR log records are generated to item 2, and I was
informed that to item 1 neither.

Besides this two detected conditions, I found some failure callback
methods that log messages as INFO and not even as WARNINGs.

Making things short, I would like to validate if an effort of my part to
change log level on some messages from libpurple could be incorporated
on project's working base. After the necessary and expected evaluation
of your part, of course.

Thanks and best regards,

--
__At.,
   _

*Technology and Quality on Information*
Mauro Sérgio Ferreira Brasil
Coordenador de Projetos e Analista de Sistemas
+ mauro.brasil at tqi.com.br <mailto:@tqi.com.br>
: www.tqi.com.br <http://www.tqi.com.br>
( + 55 (34)3291-1700
( + 55 (34)9971-2572