Pidgin is string frozen!

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Sun Feb 22 13:15:11 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-21 at 23:47 -0500, John Bailey wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Per Ethan's blessing, I'm announcing that Pidgin is now string frozen for
> planned release this coming Thursday, February 27, 2009.
>
> Please commit or submit to trac your translations on or before Thursday.  If
> you're committing or submitting on Thursday, please try to do so before 6:00 PM
> US Eastern (11:00 PM GMT) so that the release can hopefully be conducted in a
> timely fashion.

One of the qq developers requested another day so that they can get
i.p.p.openq ready, I compared the tips of i.p.p and that branch and
looks like I can reuse other strings for the ones that they added, so
it's not going to be a problem.

In the future, it may be a good idea to not announce string freeze the
day it's frozen.

-khc