Pidgin is string frozen!

Rodrigo Flores mail at rodrigoflores.org
Tue Feb 24 20:07:11 EST 2009

2009/2/22 John Bailey <rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org>:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Per Ethan's blessing, I'm announcing that Pidgin is now string frozen for
> planned release this coming Thursday, February 27, 2009.
>
> Please commit or submit to trac your translations on or before Thursday.  If
> you're committing or submitting on Thursday, please try to do so before 6:00 PM
> US Eastern (11:00 PM GMT) so that the release can hopefully be conducted in a
> timely fashion.
I have a question. You said that we have String Frozen, but a new pot
file was updated today.  Why is it called string frozen and not string
annoucement period?

I also have a suggestion: could you please put a robot to send a mail
to this mailing list when a new pot file is generated? This could help
us a lot, specially in string frozen periods.

> Thanks,
> John
Thanks