Collecting feature requests

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 16:53:21 EST 2009

On Sat, Jan 3, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Luke Schierer <luke at schierer.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 10:51:16PM +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:

>> > I definitely prefer that to brainstorm. Would be even better if the
>> > voting arrows are bigger and/or nearer the description.
>>
>> I prefer brainstorm because it provides better visibility, and it's
>> easier to vote and add new items.
>>
>> It would probably model what users really want more effectively than
>> votes on tickets, and proof of that is the input it already has
>> received.
>
> The fact that it has a few hundred votes does not prove that it models
> anything better than tickets could. It really hasn't told us
> *anything* we wouldn't have known without it.  Just that QQ isn't all
> that popular, and that otherwise file transfer and vv capabilities are
> important to some users.

It tells you that people like voting systems.

You can speculate about the validity of the results, specially in a
short time span, but I bet the brainstorm would be much more popular
than tickets, and that's the tendency you can already see right now.

Statistically speaking, the bigger the sample, the more accurate the model.

> In fact, based on just *how* negative QQ is, I'd almost be tempted to
> say that the site has been visited by a mad click happy person.

You mean a person creating multiple accounts just to vote up something
that was specifically said not to affect the direction development
happen? I find that unlikely.

--
Felipe Contreras