pidgin.next.minor: fe5da079: Patch from Paul Aurich to add purple_str...

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jan 6 02:12:41 EST 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 8:01 PM,  <grim at pidgin.im> wrote:
> Revision: fe5da0794c92922951ce4e0418f0b0f3ca2a76a1
> Ancestor: 13b7de74e7154a98a5c09bf0c56e9498389318f7
> Author: paul at aurich.com
> Date: 2009-01-06T03:39:51
> Branch: im.pidgin.pidgin.next.minor
>
> Modified files:
>        libpurple/account.c libpurple/blist.c libpurple/buddyicon.c
>        libpurple/certificate.c libpurple/cipher.c libpurple/cmds.c
>        libpurple/conversation.c libpurple/core.c
>        libpurple/desktopitem.c libpurple/idle.c libpurple/log.c
>        libpurple/plugin.c libpurple/pounce.c libpurple/prefs.c
>        libpurple/privacy.c libpurple/proxy.c libpurple/prpl.c
>        libpurple/savedstatuses.c libpurple/server.c
>        libpurple/status.c libpurple/stun.c libpurple/util.c
>        libpurple/util.h libpurple/whiteboard.c libpurple/xmlnode.c
>
> ChangeLog:
>
> Patch from Paul Aurich to add purple_strequal to help readability and simplicity of code.  Ie, don't need to negate the value of strcmp, since this does a strcmp and does the negation for us
>
> closes #7790

(For people who haven't looked through the commit, purple_strequal()
is basically g_str_equal() but it checks if the strings are NULL and
handles it appropriately.)

I'd prefer if we used g_str_equal() in places where we know the
strings are non-NULL and only use purple_strequal() in places where we
would otherwise need to check for NULL.

Do other people have an opinion?

-Mark