Monotone: Best practice for setting up an 'im.pidgin.adium' branch?

Evan Schoenberg evands at pidgin.im
Mon Jan 12 16:07:46 EST 2009

On Jan 6, 2009, at 11:59 AM, John Bailey wrote:

> The rest of the proposal seems sound to me, but I personally would
> have no
> objections to just housing `im.pidgin.adium` on our mtn server.  I
> already run a
> mirror of im.pidgin.* on guifications.org, which provides us a level
> of fault
> tolerance which you would gain for free (effort-wise) as a result of
> this.

If nobody else objects to this, that'd be great. It should very
minimally increase the database, if my understanding of how monotone
handles branches is right, since there are very few changes Adium
maintains separately.

Richard wrote:

> Perhaps this should be com.adiumx.pidgin or similar? I don't have a
> strong preference, though.

I thought about something like that... but as what I'm thinking about
is much closer to a branch than to a fork, I thought using im.pidgin.*
made sense.  Does anyone have strong feelings either way?

-Evan