libpurple theme support improvements

Felipe Contreras felipe.contreras at gmail.com
Sat Jan 17 05:32:41 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 1:30 AM, Gary Kramlich <grim at reaperworld.com> wrote:
> Felipe Contreras wrote:
>> If libpurple was a better freedesktop citizen it would follow the
>> sound theme spec[1] and use libcanberra.
>
> If you would read how any of this is implemented.  You'd know that there
> are loaders so it can load themes in any format that a loader has been
> written for.

Good, but it's still not supporting the sound theme spec, right?

I've no stomach to follow everything that happens in the Pidgin
project, but it looks like you designed your own format. What would
you think if Sun decided to implement their own format instead of
using the standard ODF?

I would think that's wasted effort, and not playing well with others,
and that's exactly what I think of libpurple's own format.

--
Felipe Contreras