not able to send message with newer version of pidgin Pidgin 2.5.7

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Wed Jul 8 11:12:35 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 09:15:14AM +0530, Mayank Jain Nawal wrote:

> Daniel Atallah wrote:
>> On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM, Mayank Jain Nawal<mayank at in.niksun.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This is what I get from Help -->Debug window
>>>
>>> (21:23:15) jabber: Sending: <message type='chat' id='purpled75d2cef'
>>> to='prakash at jabber.niksun.com'><x
>>> xmlns='jabber:x:event'><composing/></x><composing
>>> xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates'/></message>
>>> (21:23:16) jabber: Found cap: urn:xmpp:bob
>>> (21:23:16) jabber: Sending: <message type='chat' id='purpled75d2cf0'
>>> to='prakash at jabber.niksun.com'><x
>>> xmlns='jabber:x:event'><composing/></x><active
>>> xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates'/><body>thr</body><html
>>> xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/xhtml-im'><body
>>> (21:23:16) sound: Playing C:\Program Files\Pidgin\sounds\purple\send.wav
>>> (21:23:16) jabber: Sending: <message type='chat' id='purpled75d2cf1'
>>> to='prakash at jabber.niksun.com'><x xmlns='jabber:x:event'/><active
>>> xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/chatstates'/></message>
>>>

>> >From Pidgin's perspective, the message has been sent successfully.
>>
>> What makes you think it isn't?
>>

> Nothing makes me think it itsn't, the problem is no body receive it. I
> have tested that.
> I am getting the messages from the people, but they are not receiving what
> I am sending.

Nothing in the above bit of log indicates anything failed, and I didn't
see any attached file in that message. So as far as we can tell everything
worked correctly. If your buddy didn't get the message then either your
server failed to send it or dropped it silently, their server did, or
their client did.

If you attach the debug.log (or even just inline a larger excerpt from it)
it is possible we will be able to see an error response coming back, but
since you didn't see one I think that is unlikely (pidgin should display
any error you get about a failed message to you). Which leads back to
something happening that pidgin is not aware of (let alone in control of).

    -Etan