protocol_data field for PurpleAccount

Felix Kerekes sttwister at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:04:29 EDT 2009

Hey,

I would like to add a protocol_data field for PurpleAccount. I need this in
order to sync Pidgin with Telepathy's AccountManager implementation (that
would be Mission Control 5). So when Pidgin starts, I'll make sure the
account's parameters are up to date with AccountManager, and then sync again
on exit if Pidgin changed anything (as a side note, a signal notifying that
account parameters have changed would be useful too).

Is there any problem with this kind of change? Or perhaps there already is a
way of doing this that I don't know of.