Updated list of items blocking Pidgin 2.6.0 release

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Sat Jun 6 12:11:50 EDT 2009

Elliott Sales de Andrade wrote:
>     How does this work for MSN? Shouldn't there be some group of users
>     who can't log in to MSN since $FIRST_VERSION_OF_ADIUM_WITH_MSNP15?
>
> MSNP15 doesn't use the url-fetch functions.
> It connects with either purple_ssl_connect (SOAP) or
> purple_proxy_connect (Dispatch/NS/SB).

This is what purple_util_fetch_url_request_len_with_account() does internally,
purple_ssl_connect() for HTTPS URL's and purple_proxy_connect() for HTTP URL's.
 Looking at the internals of purple_ssl_connect(), you'll see that it too uses
purple_proxy_connect().  I suppose I could stop passing the account to
purple_ssl_connect() to side-step this problem, but then that will break the
users who need HTTPS to be proxied and only have an HTTP proxy specified at the
account level.

John