Privacy Rewrite GSoC Project

Sulabh Mahajan sulabh.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 14:58:12 EDT 2009

> But thinking about this further... I think a better design would be to
> annotate buddies on the buddy list with their privacy state, and the
> prpl just exports a mapping from attribute type to the flags just
> discussed, indicating which attributes can be set and what they mean.

And what about the people we have blocked or denied to receive our presence
who are not in the buddy list, how do you propose to store the privacy
settings for these people. They are not in the buddy list, and there
settings cane be different from the "all others" privacy settings.

I can create a super list consisting of the complete buddy list plus those
users we have given some privacy setting, along with a meta user "all
others", like the one in MSN.
How is this approach compared to the first one you mentioned in your mail,
ie to have several lists and let prpls export the ones they support

Eagerly waiting for your response.

Sulabh