Adding smileys temporarily

Kasper Fabæch Brandt poizan42 at poizan.dk
Tue Jun 9 13:11:45 EDT 2009

Hi
I'm developing a plugin to make it possiple to use LaTeX in your
messages without the receiver needs to have the plugin installed
(actually a modification of the pidgin-latex plugin). To do that I
need to add the images as smileys. The problem is that I need to
remove them again when the recipient have received the images. I have
tried removing them when I get a sent-im-msg signal, but that seems to
be to early - the receiver never gets the images, and just sees some
broken image icons instead (when the receiver is using pidgin as
well). Is there some way to know when the images has actually been
send, or some other way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

- Kasper F. Brandt
(please CC me as I am not subscribed)