Best way to keep a plugin outside of the pidgin source tree?

Ibrahim Awwal ibrahim.awwal at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 15:19:36 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm trying my hand at developing a plugin for Pidgin, and I was
wondering what the best way is to keep a plugin's source outside of
the Pidgin source tree? The main problem is that it's a bit annoying
to keep it in the plugins directory in the pidgin source if you want
to use version control. Right now I'm just using a symlink to my
plugin's source file in the plugins directory, but is there a better
way to do this? Thanks for the help
--Ibrahim Awwal