Which language is to be used to design a plugin for pidgin

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Fri Jun 12 15:00:11 EDT 2009

Ajay Ahuja spake unto us the following wisdom:
>   pidgin code is written usin c,c#,perl,python,tcl...
>   i wanna know which language is prefered to design a plugin for pidgin

You may write a plugin in any supported language.  Some languages have
better support than others, of course, which I suspect is the thrust
of your question.

C is by far the best supported plugin language, followed by perl and
Tcl, with C# trailing behind due to lack of maintainer.  Python cannot
be directly used to write libpurple plugins (though there are some 3rd
party projects which support this), but many plugins have found
success accessing the Purple D-Bus API via python.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.