Which language is to be used to design a plugin for pidgin

mahendra panpalia panpaliamahen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 16:03:21 EDT 2009

Adding to discussion.

Who will provide us Libpurple (pidgin) library, is this open
source?....where can we find it's code?

for making a pidgin plug-in for application, by whom do we need to take a
permission?

On website there is no contact details etc?
http://www.pidgin.com/

Any one please let me know
.
Cheers!!
Mahendra

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:42 AM, Ajay Ahuja <7aces.aaaaaaa at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Ethan Blanton <elb at pidgin.im> wrote:
>
>> Ajay Ahuja spake unto us the following wisdom:
>> >   pidgin code is written usin c,c#,perl,python,tcl...
>> >   i wanna know which language is prefered to design a plugin for pidgin
>>
>> You may write a plugin in any supported language.  Some languages have
>> better support than others, of course, which I suspect is the thrust
>> of your question.
>>
>> C is by far the best supported plugin language, followed by perl and
>> Tcl, with C# trailing behind due to lack of maintainer.  Python cannot
>> be directly used to write libpurple plugins (though there are some 3rd
>> party projects which support this), but many plugins have found
>> success accessing the Purple D-Bus API via python.
>>
>> Ethan
>

> In pidgin we have an option which shows out buddy list eliminating the
> offline ones, right? so can u xplain me how is it implemented?
> I mean the backend and the frontend of it.
>

>> --
>> The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws [that have no remedy
>> for evils].  They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor
>> determined to commit crimes.
>>                -- Cesare Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishments", 1764

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Mahendra Panpalia
Mob: +91 9686619640
URL:http://www.morphe-us.com