Pidgin source code help

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Jun 17 12:57:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:55 PM, evanescent<coolnuwan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am currently developing a plugin for pidgin.
> This plugin is for creating an account for bonjour protocol and publish it.
> Now when I go through pidgin source code I found that the very first method
> call that creates and publish account is
> static void bonjour_login(PurpleAccount *account) .
>
> But I could not find from where this method is called.
> i.e I want to find where this PurpleAccount structure is initialized and
> call this method(bonjour_login(...)) in bonjour.c file?

Are you developing on Linux (other other Unixy system)?  If so, 'grep'
is your friend.  Searching for bonjour_login in
libpurple/protocols/bonjour/bonjour.c shows that it is set as the
"login" field in the PurplePluginProtocolInfo struct.  Searching for
"->login" in libpurple/*.c will show you where it's called.

-Mark