How to refresh a buddy list

Etan Reisner pidgin at unreliablesource.net
Thu Jun 18 09:26:40 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 02:41:58PM +0200, Cedric Roche wrote:
>   Hi,
>   I have a function that displays all buddies and their status. How do I use libpurple to make this function called periodically to refresh my list ?
>   And more generaly, how do I get the buddies status changes event ?
>
>   Thanks

If you really want your function to be called periodically you want the
eventloop api (http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/dev/html/eventloop_8h.html)
though I wouldn't suggest that as the way to do this sort of thing.

Building the information once when your start up and then using signals to
monitor for changes is likely a much better way, for that you need to look
at the account signals, buddy list signals, and whatever other signals are
relevent to your desired functionality
(http://developer.pidgin.im/doxygen/dev/html/pages.html).

    -Etan