Cannot use chat-cb, pass enum in plugin

Paul Aurich paul at aurich.com
Tue Mar 17 03:05:07 EDT 2009

On Mar 16, 2009, at 21:32, Adam Tistler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am attempting to use the received-chat-msg callback in my plugin
> however it does not seem to be called.  Received-im-msg does get
> called however.
>
> According to the xml, this is a chat conversation:
> <message to="xxxxxx at gmail.com/home4CDD9991" type="chat"
> id="D5E2C4CE8EA07AB7_14"
>
> I think that I am confused as to the difference between what finch
> thinks is a "chat" and "im".  Can someone elaborate.

Pidgin, libpurple, and Finch use a different set of terms from the
protocols (in this case, XMPP). An XMPP chat is a 1:1 conversation
('im' in libpurple et al.) and an XMPP groupchat is a multi-user chat
('chat' in libpurple et al.).

I'm not familiar enough with the intricacies of the perl-fu to know
why your conversation creation doesn't work.

> Adam Tistler
> 1(732)718-2631
> atistler at gmail.com

~Paul