Main BList vs Accessors

Jan Kaluza hanzz.k at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 05:02:17 EDT 2009

I'm the person from #pidgin, who is the developer of Gloox/Libpurple
based XMPP transport. I have just now 8864 buddies online and 735
accounts online. I'm using it with one libpurple's blist, but I had to
replace functions which are used to load/save blist/accounts/statuses,
because my blist.xml has more than 100MB and saving It realy blocks
whole libpurple.

My transport is using mysql db and loading/saving blist and accounts
from/to DB. I think another solution of this situation could be to
split blist in to smaller blists according to account and save it to
separate files (one account = one blist file). Maybe we could also try
to use sqlite, but that's only idea. I realy don't know if we want to
have more dependencies or if sqlite fits to it.

I didn't want to make big changes in my libpurple branch, because of
synchronizing with official libpurple in future, so all my mysql
functions are in my transport code.

Jan "HanzZ" Kaluza