Avoid loading all the plugins

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Wed Mar 25 17:18:20 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 23:55 -0700, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:
> Richard Laager wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 22:10 -0700, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:
> >> For the first case: qutecom just uses a fixed hardcoded subset of
> >> libpurple plugins.
> >
> > Why? Or more to the point, why couldn't a user load a libpurple plugin?
>
> I cannot answer this question. It should be directed to the wengophone
> developers.
> However I can guess they just needed an implementation of
> MSN/jabber/ICQ/AIM protocols. Right now, qutecom is distributed by
> upstream with plugins statically linked.

To be honest, I think you're looking to solve a non-existent problem. If
I were in your shoes, here's what I would do: I'd change the qutecom
package to build against the system libpurple and release it. If people
have specific complaints of specific problems that result, let's address
those at that time.

Richard