GSoC idea - Plugin repository on pidgin.im

Ka-Hing Cheung khc at hxbc.us
Sat Mar 28 18:45:34 EDT 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 12:33 -0700, Ibrahim Awwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm a first year undergraduate EECS student at UC Berkeley and a
> longtime user of Pidgin. I realize this is a little late but I just
> thought of the idea and was not sure whether you guys would like it so
> I decided to send this email before wasting my time applying. One of

It's a little late, but this is one just more reason to apply first!
After you've applied we can give feedbacks on the application too.

> Depending on what you guys think, I would follow the following timeline:
> The first half of the summer or so, i.e. up to the mid-term
> evaluations, I would work on the web app back end, basic front end,
> and providing the data in a clean way (for the update checker or other
> applications that want to use the data). For the second half, I would
> work on polishing the front end and the update checker.

I think this is a good idea. I think the application should include more
details about how native plugins are going to be handled (there's no way
we can audit a compiled plugin, and also platform differences). Also
please include a more detailed timeline.

-khc