Current list of items blocking Pidgin 2.6.0 release

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Fri May 22 01:56:55 EDT 2009

John Bailey wrote:
> Just thought I'd post a list of items I'm still considering blockers for a
> release of 2.6.0.  So, here goes:

And here are some updates:

> * Merge im.pidgin.cpw.sulabh.yahoo_16 to im.pidgin.pidgin (I intend to
>     do this on Saturday if there are no objections voiced on the yahoo
>     thread I opened last night)

I did this last weekend.

> * Review of all patches appearing under "Patches Needing Review" on
>     http://developer.pidgin.im/report/11 EXCEPT 7548, 8597, 8691, 8727,
>     8775, 8974, and 9066 (14 of the 21 patches here are blockers)

We are down to 16 tickets on the "Patches Needing Review" milestone.  Of those
16, I am considering 12 blockers.  The four exceptions are 7548, 8597, 8691, and
8727.

Developers NEED to review these patches.  If the patch is unacceptable in its
current form, move it to "Patches Needing Improvment" and ask the submitter to
modify the patch.  If the patch will never be acceptable, close the ticket.

If the blockers get resolved, we can kick 2.6.0 out the door and move on to more
important things, like the Summer of Code.

John