Cross compiling for Windows on Linux - getting

Ibrahim Awwal ibrahim.awwal at gmail.com
Mon May 25 20:56:05 EDT 2009

Hi guys,
I'm trying to set up a cross compiling environment for WinPidgin under
Linux. I've followed the instructions online, and downloaded and
extracted all the development headers and such. It works up until some
point in the middle of compiling perl plugins, and then I get these
linker errors:

>/home/ibrahim/pidgin-dev/pidgin-2.5.6/libpurple/plugins/perl/common/Purple.xs:47: undefined reference to `_boot_Purple__Account'
>/home/ibrahim/pidgin-dev/pidgin-2.5.6/libpurple/plugins/perl/common/Purple.xs:48: undefined reference to `_boot_Purple__Account__Option'
>/home/ibrahim/pidgin-dev/pidgin-2.5.6/libpurple/plugins/perl/common/Purple.xs:49: undefined reference to `_boot_Purple__Buddy__Icon'

after which ld exits with error code 1. Any idea what I've done wrong,
or what I might do to fix this? At the least I wouldn't mind disabling
the building of perl plugins, but if I understand correctly I
shouldn't use the configure script when compiling for Windows,
correct? I'm cross compiling on Xubuntu 9.04 64 bit, if that makes any
difference. Thanks,
--Ibrahim Awwal

(By the way, my end goal is to try to cross-compile the latest version
of the pidgin-webkit plugin[1] for Windows, but that's a fair bit
away. Baby steps first, of course.)

[1] http://simo.h.mattila.googlepages.com/pidgin-webkit