pidgin plugin dev support - problem in disconnecting account

evanescent coolnuwan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 07:13:27 EDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Felix Kerekes <sttwister at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 7:45 AM, evanescent <coolnuwan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I have been waiting for a response to this from someone who know the
>> pidgin in and out.
>> may be my question is not clear.
>> lets think like this.
>> there is a tick boxes in Account->Manage Account window to disconnect
>> pidgin account.
>> now i need to perform the same functionality inside from the program.
>> So what are the relevant methods to do this. Program structure of my
>> plugin follows almost same program structure of Bonjour protocol
>> implemented.
>>
>> thanks

Hi,
thanks for the pointing it out.
now I called the method purple_account_set_enabled() from my main source
file of purple plugin protocol.
in order to call this method the header file of the method needed to
include.
So I included core.h to call purple_core_get_ui() in order to passe as a
method parameter to purple_account_set_enabled().

But when i compile the program i get the following error.

/usr/local/include/libpurple/core.h:62: error: expected
specifier-qualifier-list before ‘GHashTable’
/usr/local/include/libpurple/core.h:83: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’
or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘purple_core_init’
/usr/local/include/libpurple/core.h:110: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’,
‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘purple_core_quit_cb’
/usr/local/include/libpurple/core.h:157: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’,
‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘purple_core_migrate’
/usr/local/include/libpurple/core.h:170: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’,
‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘purple_core_ensure_single_instance’
/usr/local/include/libpurple/core.h:197: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’,
‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘*’ token
make: *** [libsallapa.dll] Error 1

what would be possible cause to this ?
thanks