[Pidgin] Implementing a XEP-0047 In-Band File Transfer client testing with Pidgin Client

Tharindu Madushanka tharindufit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 22:35:31 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have installed OpenFire Jabber Server and trying to implement XEP 0047
client with it. When I send the following message to initiate the session
after login I get feature-not-implemented error message. I am trying to send
this message to a Pidgin 2.6.3 Client logged into my OpenFire server. I am
not sure from where I get this message. Could anyone kindly explain me about
this.

<iq type="set" from="wizzle at ctx10/ctx10" to="wizzle2 at ctx10/ctx10"
id="ftreq1"><open xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/ibb" block-size="4096"
sid="i781hf64" stanza="iq"></open></iq>

I have recieved a response similar to this then.

<iq type="error" id="ftreq1" from="wizzle2 at ctx10/ctx10"
to="wizzle at ctx10/ctx10"><open
xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/ibb" block-size="4096" sid="i781hf64"
stanza="iq"/><error code="503" type="cancel"><service-unavailable
xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-stanzas"/></error></iq>

But it says OpenFire supports this XEP - 0047. And also I have Pidgin 2.6.3
that says it also supports In-Band File Transfer

Could anyone give me a solution to test this implementation with Pidgin
client.

Kind Regards,

Tharindu Madushanka