Mentor Summit

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Wed Sep 2 23:02:05 EDT 2009

Dear developers,

Google is hosting their annual mentor summit the weekend of October
24/25.  People from many orgs tend to eat a huge dinner together
Friday night.  Then Saturday and Sunday are spent loitering around
Google discussing Summer of Code-related things in an "unconference"
style.  We're allowed to send two mentors this year and Google will
reimburse travel expenses up to $2000 total for the combined expenses
of both people, and it sounds like they pay for a shared hotel room
for the two.

Anyone interested?  We should probably give priority to people in this order:
* developers who mentored students and have not been to a mentor summit before
* developers who mentored students and have been to a mentor summit
* developers who did not mentor students and have not been to a mentor summit
* developers who did not mentor students and have been to a mentor summit

I guess just respond to me directly to keep the chatter down on this
list, and I'll send an email out to everyone interested.  I wouldn't
worry about visa issues too much at this point... we can talk about
those issues as they arise.  And I live locally so I'll put my name on
the "wait list of organizations who get to send 3 people in the event
that not all 150 orgs are able to send two."

-Mark