Development process

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Apr 28 11:52:16 EDT 2010

On 04/16/2010 05:31 PM, Jorge Villaseñor wrote:
> I guess we all agreed on merge window and a stable releases. Now we
> need to find a way (maybe a different one than the one I proposed) to
> get this process working.

After additional discussion in the XMPP MUC, the consensus we reached, as I
understood it, was:
  * Merge windows are a good idea, but we didn't implement them for 2.7.0.
  * Many of us are *not* willing to give up feature additions in micro releases.
  * Some sort of sane release schedule (with coordination) would be beneficial.
  * Most of us see no tangible benefit but a *lot* of drawbacks to the idea of
    keeping a "next release" branch and a "big changes" type branch.
  * We could use someone to serve as a "project manager" of sorts to coordinate
    releases and whatnot.  As I've mentioned before, this is a role I've
    reluctantly and not entirely intentionally taken on as I felt it was needed.
    If wanted, I can try to take this role on in a more permanent fashion.

Did I miss anything?

John