Pidgin 2.7.3 has been released!

John Bailey rekkanoryo at rekkanoryo.org
Wed Aug 11 02:06:26 EDT 2010

On 08/10/2010 03:51 PM, Richard Laager wrote:
> Also, this relationship, and consistency for our mutual users, are why I
> keep Ubuntu patches that haven't been accepted upstream (e.g.
> libnotify). I only modify the patches as necessary to build or when
> we're getting reports of significant breakage from them.

I know I've said this before, but I don't like the idea of the PPA shipping
Ubuntu's patches, especially the libnotify stuff.  There are two reasons I don't
like it.  The first is that (in my opinion) it says we are endorsing Ubuntu's
gratuitous modifications (libnotify et al).  The second is that the PPA carrying
downstream patches is completely inconsistent with the RPM repos provided on
pidgin.im for Fedora and CentOS/RHEL distributions, which ship no downstream
patches.

That said, I'm not the one maintaining either the RPM or PPA repos, so I don't
really have room to complain.

John