Proposal for new XMPP account settings: worse or better?

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 10:33:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 02:45, Paul Aurich <paul at darkrain42.org> wrote:
> I'd like some input on http://www.pidgin.im/nopaste/129 -- do people
> think this is an improvement or step backward?  (If it's an improvement,
> do people like "TLS" or "STARTTLS"?)
>
> Ignore the fact the setting doesn't actually do anything in the prpl --
> I figured I'd solicit feedback on the UI part first.

The one thing that I think is still confusing is the "Use legacy (port
5223) SSL" value.
There have been people confused in the past because some servers make
that type of connection available on port 443 (for proxy/firewall
reasons).
Is there some way that we can avoid that confusion (I don't have any
great ideas offhand)?

Apart from that, I think it is a welcome improvement.

-D