E-mail notification for wiki edits

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Thu Dec 23 22:07:24 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-23 at 21:18 -0500, John Bailey wrote:
> Currently the only notification we receive that wiki pages on trac have been
> changed is the timeline page.  I'd prefer an active notification system as
> opposed to one that requires me to refresh a browser page.  In that vein, I'd
> like to install the WikiNotificationPlugin
> (http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/WikiNotificationPlugin) and configure it to send
> e-mails.  I'd like to send these mails to either the commits list or to the
> tickets list.
>
> Any thoughts or objections?

Is there any benefit to overloading an existing list with this rather
than create a new list for it? I would prefer not to have this traffic
added to the commits list, I don't read the tickets list so wouldn't
mind if it was added to that but I suspect a new list for it might be
more appropriate.

Regards,

Stu.