Facebook has enabled XMPP support

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Wed Feb 10 15:57:06 EST 2010

Casey Ho spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Also, just FYI I'm putting up a blog post rught now to encourage people to
> switch from the plugin to the XMPP implementation (with good reason).

Note that the facebook administrators asked to be notified if a huge
number of users are going to be switched on.  It's not clear to me
whether they meant through an integration service of some sort (thus
coming from one single location), or in a client.

I might hold off on asking the whole world to switch over until we
contact them.  :-P

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.