patch for clientLogin issue

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Thu Feb 11 10:53:34 EST 2010

Hi Matt,

On Fri, 2010-01-15 at 11:05 -0500, Matthew S Goldstein wrote:
> Word is the AIM servers are going to be fixed to not insert the ":80" so
> we should be fine just patching http -> https
> Not sure I'll hear when they do it, but it sounded like it would happen
> soon so if anybody wants to check in a day or two, it might work then.
> (I'd do it myself, but I'll be doing a puzzle competetion all weekend)

So the day after you sent this it appeared that the AIM servers were
fixed and all was good without any patching needed.

However, a few days ago the problem started happening again. Do you
happen to have any further clue about why this happened and if we should
be including the patch you provided or not? (it seems that just patching
http -> https is not enough, the ":80" is required too).

Regards,

Stu.