Pidgin logo usage: Authorisation and terms of use ?

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 22:41:03 EST 2010

On 02/22/2010 12:09 PM, Poupoul2 wrote:
>> 25 must-have free softwares. Pidgin has been selected as IM client. We
>> are now requesting authorisation to the project teams to use their logos
>> in the booklet, as well as specific rules you might want us to apply
>> when using it.

I can't speak for the project as a whole, but I personally see no reason
why the logo could not be used in this context. I can't read the text in
the booklet, but this is clearly using it in the promotion of Pidgin.
The logo is distributed under the GPL (version 2).

>> If you accept my request, it would be appreciated if you can provide us
>> (or point me to) a vector version of the logo, to improve the quality of
>> the booklet.

A vector version is included in the source distribution:

     pidgin-2.6.6/pidgin/pixmaps/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/pidgin.svg

Which can be downloaded here:

     http://pidgin.im/download/source/

Hope this helps.

-casey