Help with libpurple port

Marty martyspamtrap at comcast.net
Wed Feb 24 18:34:05 EST 2010

I've been working on this for a while, but I think it's about time I pop in here and
introduce myself.  I've ported libpurple to OS/2, with the intention of building a
native IM client (not Pidgin/Finch) around it.  Everything seems to be building and
linking well, but I'm having a few protocol-specific problems that I don't quite
understand and I was hoping that I could get some insight on them here.

First thing I'd like to solve is that it looks like my AIM logins are failing, and I
don't know why.

Here is the error I get when I try to log in to AIM/Oscar:

(15:02:48) oscar: startOSCARSession response statusCode was 400: <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response
xmlns="http://developer.aim.com/xsd/aim.xsd"><statusCode>400</statusCode><statusText>use
TLS=1 is not allowed for non secure
taData></data></response>
(15:02:48) connection: Connection error on 0x21d7e20 (reason: 16 description: Received
unexpected response from http://api.oscar.aol.com/aim/startOSCARSession)

My full debug log is attached so you can see this message in context.

If somebody can tell me what this means and what I can do to prevent it, I would be very
grateful.  Thanks!