Where is the "set JID" part in the Jabber code?

Paul Aurich paul at darkrain42.org
Fri Jul 16 12:55:17 EDT 2010

On 2010-07-16 09:28, Leopold Schabel wrote:
> Hello,

> My problem is this part of a Jabber session:
>
> (18:21:04) jabber: Sending (ssl) (foo at bar.com): <iq type='set'
> id='purple2708a41a'><bind
> xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-bind'/></iq>
> (18:21:04) jabber: Recv (ssl)(165): <iq id='purple2708a41a'
> type='result'><bind
>
> In this case, Pidgin assumes that the own JID is
> ax28cf86c912d0df at bar.com, but I want that is keeps foo at bar.com (and
> ignore the <jid>%s</jid>). Where in the code can I change this
> behaviour?

I really would prefer vz.net fix this brokenness, rather than introduce
hackish workarounds, and for the record, it's extremely unlikely a patch
to workaround this functionality would be accepted into libpurple.

Anyway, the code you want to look at is in
./libpurple/protocols/jabber/jabber.c:jabber_bind_result_cb (the user's
own JID is stored in 'js->user')

> I would be very thankful if someone could show me the right way!

As I said, the /right/ way is for VZ.net to not be broken.

> Thank you,
> Leopold

~Paul