pidgin.2.7.2: 683145b9: ChangeLog, NEWS and version updates for ...

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Tue Jul 20 10:17:31 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 2:51 AM, avictor.za at gmail.com
<avictor.za at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
>> +2.7.2 (07/21/2010):
>> +       Mark: We discovered a security issue in Pidgin 2.7.0 and 2.7.1 and
>> +       decided to release a patched version quickly.  The only change in
>> +       this release is the fix for this bug.
>
> There are a couple of MXit changes in the im.pidgin.pidgin.mxit branch.
> Does this mean we should wait for 2.7.3 before requesting them pulled
> to the main branch?

Yes.  Unfortunately we're going to need to do a quick 2.7.3 release
now to patch a remote crash bug in oscar.  We'd intended to fix this
in a release from im.pidgin.pidgin, with a full string freeze and
translation cycle, but one of the packagers disclosed the bug early,
so it's public now, so we want to do a release earlier than August
5th.  We'll probably do a more complete 2.7.4 release not too long
after this, and that's when we should merge your changes in.

Does that sound ok to everyone?

--Mark