2.7.1 Yahoo Connection help

Yann yannubuntu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 21:57:39 EDT 2010

2010/7/21 Michael Jones <eternalorb at gmail.com>:
>  James,
>
>    I can't speak for Pidgin's yahoo support. However, if your company isn't
> already committed to yahoo, or would be willing to switch to another network
> protocol, you may want to consider using XMPP. You can download an open
> source, and easy (In my opinion, but I've been working with it for 2 years
> now) to install and configure XMPP server.
> http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/index.jsp. In fact, the next
> release for OpenFire should be happening any time in the next several
> months.
>
>    Good luck!!
>
> --Mike

Hi,
a similar (server+clients) open-source solution is
http://www.bigbluebutton.org/ , it allows also videoconferencing and
whiteboard.
I think it has been choosen for the Google Summer of Code 2010.
But I don't know which protocol it uses. (I would be interested to
know if someone has an idea)

Yann