Clear conversation window from a protocol prpl

Paul Aurich paul at darkrain42.org
Wed Jul 21 15:55:13 EDT 2010

I composed a copy of this and then TB ate it, so apologies if it
actually got sent twice.

On 2010-07-16 04:59, avictor.za at gmail.com wrote:
> Is it possible to clear a Pidgin conversation window from a protocol prpl?
> (as-if the user performed a Conversation -> Clear Scrollback)
>
> I see there is a function purple_conversation_clear_message_history(),
> but that doesn't do it.

That function seems to clear a libpurple copy of the message history
(which I didn't know existed until today).  Sadrul indicates that it's
not used now, but is planned to be used more extensively in 3.0.0+.

I think it would probably be reasonable for that function (as a 2.8.0
change) to also emit a signal to the UI (which Pidgin could attach to
the 'clear scrollback' functionality).  Do any developers/others have
any use cases for clearing either the scrollback or in-memory copy, but
not both?

~Paul