GObjectified Conversations

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Jul 22 14:46:42 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 8:56 AM, Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
<imadil at gmail.com> wrote:
> * Mark Doliner had this to say on [21 Jul 2010, 22:30:03 -0700]:
>> I have "a feeling" that having something simple like an
>> "always display as a multi-user chat" hint is more natural and will
>> result in cleaner code.
>
> I am not sure I understand the 'always display as a muc' hint. Do you
> mean the UI should always display a userlist, topic for an IM too?

I guess what I had in mind was:
* Jabber rooms, AIM chats, Yahoo chats, etc would all set the
"always_show_userlist" hint
* Normal 1:1 IMs and normal MSN conversations would not set the hint
* If the hint is set then the UI shows the userlist
* If the hint is not set then the UI only shows the userlist if there
are 3 or more people in the chat

But yeah, using a boolean is basically the same thing.

--Mark