Pidgin 2.7.2 released!

Ethan Blanton eblanton at cs.ohiou.edu
Mon Jul 26 09:20:13 EDT 2010

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino spake unto us the following wisdom:
> 2010/7/25 David Woolley <forums at david-woolley.me.uk>:
> > Then submit enough translations of the text in the installer to push it
> > above 50%.
>
> Last week I updated the PO file from developer.pidgin.im and even
> updated it based on the POT file. Do the files at
> developer.pidgim.im/l10n/ include the text installation strings?

David is not a Pidgin developer, and he is a little bit confused about
the situation.

Unfortunately, 2.7.2 was rushed out due to an unintentional disclosure
of a security-related bug before its official disclosure date.  Due to
this, it does not contain any updated translations (or, indeed a
number of other fixes).  We still plan to release 2.7.3 on 2.7.2's
previous schedule, which *will* contain updated translations.

It is my understanding (someone, please correct me if I am mistaken)
that the Windows NSIS strings are now in the .po file, and if you have
updated it, the installer will be translated for 2.7.3.

> > It is unlikely to be an error, but much more likely to be the policy that
> > the translations be at least 50% complete.
>
> Sorry but the policy is not that "the translations be at least 50%
> complete" (something I can agree with, if this refers to the overall
> program) but "the translations of the instaler are at least 50%
> complete" (which is a bad policy IMHO, see my other email).

Again, I believe you have misunderstood the situation; see my other
email.  :-)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.