project on password security

Allan Clark chickenandporn at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 13:00:53 EDT 2010

On Jul 28, 2010, at 9:53, mahendra panpalia <panpaliamahen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi ...want to unsubscribe from this mailing list.....how to do that?
>
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Bavithra R <bavithra.r at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> hi friends..
>

> In pidgin messenger there is a problem in password security.
> If we save the password, the account details are being stored in the
> the XML file and that too in the text format.
> Also that corresponding file is present in the system itself.
>
> I think many would have come to know about this issue.
> I would like to take this as my project.I am persueing my final year
> Bachelors degree.
> Is anybody else working on it?
> Or shall I take up this project?Can it be done?
> Please help me by suggesting some ideas on how to start or with any
> other better idea.
>

> Thanks in advance
> regards
> --Bavithra.R

Hi;

1) The thread you are hijacking has nothing to do with unsuscribing.
One thread per subject. Start a new thread for a new subject.

2) top-posting is for email, I think this list prefers bottom-posting
on replies, hijacked threads included.

3) I assume the link in the .sig leads you nowhere when you tried it?

Allan
--
http://tech.chickenandporn.com/