Showing the buddy list with DBus

Tin Tvrtković tinchester at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 18:46:05 EDT 2010

On 2.6.2010. 4:46, Ka-Hing Cheung wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-01 at 16:38 +0200, Tin Tvrtković wrote:
>
>> Hello there.
>>
>> I'm trying to write a better Pidgin applet to use with Cairo-dock. I'm
>> trying to use DBus to get the buddy list to show and hide itself. As far
>> as I can tell, I can use PurpleBlistSetVisible(show), but I'd to use
>> pidgin_blist_toggle_visibility() instead (seems like a nicer way). Is
>> this possible? Is pidgin_blist_toggle_visibility() exposed through DBus?
>>
> It's not. Only core libpurple functions and none of the pidgin_*
> functions are exposed through DBus.
>
> -khc

Alright, thanks for the speedy reply.

On a semi-related note, it would be really useful if a comprehensive
list of DBus-callable Pidgin methods was assembled and posted/linked in
the DBus howto, instead of an assortment of useful ones. According to
the wiki, the only resource for an exhaustive list is sifting through
the header files.

Also, since I've been using Pidgin for a large number of years now, and
it's served me well, I'd just like to thank all the developers for their
efforts. :)