pidgin BiDi

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Jun 5 13:41:23 EDT 2010

Amr Shahin spake unto us the following wisdom:
> ok the arabic interface seems fine, some translations are missing though
> will list them and provide suggested translations

Please try to contact the Arabic translators about this (there should
be an email address in Help | About).  For the most part, we try to
leave the translators to do their work in peace.  They may be happy to
take on assistance in maintaining the translation.

> basic direction detections is good, the special unicode characters (RTL
> marker, ZW joiner, etc .... ) however don't seems to be working correctly
> will dig deeper into this :)

Sounds good.  This is the sort of thing that is normally handled by
Gtk+, but it is possible that we're doing something to mess it up.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.