Re: How to compile Pidgin with the –enable-vv configure flag ?

Yann yannubuntu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 09:52:57 EDT 2010

2010/6/27 Bjoern Voigt <bjoernv at arcor.de>:
> Yann wrote:
>>
>> $ mtn -d $DATABASE pull --set-default mtn.pidgin.im "im.pidgin.*"
>> mtn: misuse: database /home/yyy/pidgin/pidgin.mtn is laid out
>> according to an old schema
>> mtn: misuse: try 'mtn db migrate' to upgrade
>> mtn: misuse: (this is irreversible; you may want to make a backup copy
>> first)
>> $ mtn db migrate
>> mtn: misuse: no database specified
>> $ mtn db migrate $DATABASE
>> mtn: misuse: no arguments needed
>> $ mtn $DATABASE migrate
>> mtn: misuse: unknown command '/home/yyy/monotone_databases/pidgin.mtn
>> migrate'
>> $ mtn pidgin.mtn migrate
>> mtn: misuse: unknown command 'pidgin.mtn migrate'
>>

> Try
> $ mtn -d $DATABASE db migrate
>
> Greetings,
> Björn

Thank you Björn, it worked.

Now I don't know what to do. I read the README files but found nothing
except the ./configure , make , make install standard procedure, but
this does not work.
So i tried this :
- i executed the autogen.sh file , which created a configure file
- i then did : ./configure --enable-vv , which I think succeded with
just one error :
configure: error: XScreenSaver extension development headers not
found. Use --disable-screensaver if you do not need XScreenSaver
extension support, this is required for detecting idle time by mouse
and keyboard usage.
- I could not find the right package to solve this error, so i did :
./configure --enable-vv --disable-screensaver , which i think succeded
(after installing many -dev packages)
- then I did 'make' , then 'sudo make install'.

I think it installed Pidgin 2.7.2devel in my Ubuntu system, but how
can I create a .exe file for my WindowsVista system (which is in
dual-boot) ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

~Yann