offline messages retrieval

Paul Aurich darkrain42 at pidgin.im
Wed Jun 30 10:51:42 EDT 2010

Moving to devel@

On 2010-06-29 02:20, Siddharth Chandra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to retrieve offline messages through libpurple api, please
> let me know if there is any callback functions to do the same.
> I am using nullclient.c to do the same. I am using libpurple 2.7.1.

There is no API for that.  libpurple simply expects that offline
messages will be delivered once an account is connected, with the
Offline messages are simply delivered the same way as other message,
except they'll probably have a time that is more than a few seconds in
the past.

What protocol are you trying to get offline messages with and do you
have debug output?  Does it work in Pidgin?

~Paul