Idea for GSoc 2010

Ameya Karve ameya.karve at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 06:26:24 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am an undergraduate student and this is my first attempt at the GSoc.
The reason I had started using Pidgin was because of its facebook plugin. It
gave me an All in One Place Chat Client, and I didn't have to switch between
different tabs on my firefox to chat with various people on various
networks. I would like to extend Pidgin, using RSS, to add functionalities
such as GMail checking, Twitter alerts, RSS notifications, etc. Also, the
SMS capabilities of Google Calendar could be harnessed to actually notify
users of offliner chats without the need for a seperate protocol.
Also, an XMPP-Twitter interface could be written, using which one would be
able to post to Twitter directly through Pidgin.

Please let me know of your thoughts.

Thank You

--
Ameya Karve