GSoC 2010 Idea: a more shell oriented client

Matthieu Maury mayeu.tik at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 12:18:41 EDT 2010

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 09:56, Mark Doliner <mark at kingant.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Matthieu Maury <mayeu.tik at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> > My name is Matthieu Maury and I'm a french student currently in first
> year
> > of master.
> > Recently I tried to replace some of my graphical software with command
> line
> > equivalent and I discover that Pidgin have a command line interface. So I
> > played arround with Finch, but for me it's not really a command line
> version
> > of Pigdin. It's much more a Pidgin inside a shell than a "shell oriented"
> > software.
> > What I propose is to devellop a more shell-oriented interface for Pidgin
> > wich will be command driven, and not "window" driven.
> > I'm not sur that this kind of interface interest you, it may be a little
> > redondant with Finch, but that's my proposal :)
> >
> > About my experience, it's the first time I propose (and maybe)
> participate
> > to GSoC, and I have no programming experience with the Open Source
> > community. C is my main programming langage since the beginning of my
> study.
>
> Hi Matthieu.  That's a cool idea.  Although I'm not sure how much
> demand there would be for such a program from users.
>
> --Mark

Hi Mark.
I know this is the kind of features used only by a little subset of the user
but it's the kind of feature I really like :)
I'm also interested by the GObjectification project, since it can be a great
way to help a software I use, and to learn GObject and the mecanism of
Pidgin :)

Matthieu Maury