question about auto reply

monnand monnand.deng at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 02:51:21 EDT 2010

monnand wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'm writing a pidgin plugin, which implements something like an IM
> robot. I use purple_conv_im_send_with_flags() to reply IM message.
> However, no matter what flag I use in purple_conv_im_send_with_flags(),
> the message sent by the bot will always be shown in the conversation window.
>
> My question is: Does there any method which could send a message without
> notifying the UI part, so the message sent by robot could be invisible
> to users.

BTW, I have tried PURPLE_MESSAGE_INVISIBLE, however, a window will still
be launched without showing the message. I would like to stop pidgin to
open a new conversation window if a message was sent and no conversation
window was started.

Does there any method could finish this job?

Thank you!

--
Regards

Monnand