problem to connect pidgin?

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Fri May 7 09:12:50 EDT 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 08:28, sandeep <sandeep at konstantinfo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are getting problem to connect pidgin
>
> [root at COMP63 c]# pidgin
> pidgin: symbol lookup error: pidgin: undefined symbol:
> purple_media_element_info_get_type
>
> There is less information on google for this error?
>
> Please suggest what the solution we need to use...

The problem is that you're trying to use a newer version of Pidgin
with an older version of libpurple.

There are a few common causes of this:
* Trying to run Pidgin without installing it via `make install`
* Not running `sudo ldconfig` after installing Pidgin
* Having installed an older version manually to /usr/local and then
trying to use a packaged version installed to /usr

-D